When you begin the search for the right opioid rehab program in Massachusetts, you may feel overwhelmed by the vast number of options available to you. All treatment centers are different with varying specialties, treatments, and approaches. You may be able to benefit from several different types of care, but how do you know if a rehab center is reliable, trustworthy, and effective?
Choosing a rehab center isn’t easy, especially if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Here are 5 qualities you should be looking for in a good opioid rehab program.
1. Licensing, Certifications, and Credentials
irst, it’s important to make sure the opioid treatment you are looking at is reputable and trustworthy. There is no national licensing agency that every rehab center in the nation must register with. Instead, addiction treatment centers may or may not obtain private licenses and accreditations. Examples of credentials you may find at a reputable rehab center include:
Treatment centers that are accredited have gone through a lengthy third-party evaluation process to prove they meet a high standard of care. Regardless of which opioid rehab program you choose in Massachusetts, check their website to make sure they are accredited or, at the very least, state-licensed.
2. An Option for Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Opioid addiction can be difficult to beat, and relapse rates in recovering opioid users are fairly high. One way to avoid relapse is to use medication-assisted treatment (MAT). MAT is the gold standard in treating addiction today. It involves the use of FDA-approved medications in combination with counseling and behavioral therapy.
Examples of medications used to treat opioid use disorder in MAT include:
These medications are used to help reduce opioid withdrawal symptoms and alleviate cravings. They work by stabilizing brain chemistry and blocking the euphoric effects of opioids. When combined with behavioral therapy and counseling, MAT can help reduce the risk of relapse, overdose, and criminal behaviors associated with opioid use.
3. Individually-Tailored Treatment Programs
Everyone who requires treatment is a unique individual with their own personal needs. You may need treatment that addresses underlying trauma while your neighbor may need an approach that addresses depression. The most effective treatment programs are those that consider a person’s unique cultural, ethnic, and religious beliefs. They must also consider a person’s past experiences and co-occurring health conditions.
According to the National Center on Drug Abuse, “Matching treatment settings, interventions, and services to an individual’s particular problems and needs is critical to his or her ultimate success in returning to productive functioning in the family, workplace, and society.” If an opioid rehab program you are considering boasts about its revolutionary one-size-fits-all approach, you should run the other way.
4. An Emphasis on Holistic Wellness and Evidence-Based Care
Holistic wellness and evidence-based care are two different ideas that work together to provide a comprehensive and whole-person approach. A holistic approach is one that aims to address and provide care for the mind, body, and spirit, healing every aspect of a person’s condition. This means treatment involves behavioral therapy for the mind, nutritional and physical support for the body, and spiritual or holistic healing for the spirit. Since addiction is said to be a disease of the mind, body, and spirit, this type of approach is ideal.
Evidence-based treatment, on the other hand, is a treatment model that:
- Uses therapies and techniques that are based on scientific or clinical evidence
- Considers the unique needs and experiences of the patient
- Is based on the leading therapist’s personal experience and expertise
5. Comprehensive Aftercare Planning or Ongoing CareOpioid addiction is a complex and chronic disease that requires long-term treatment. The most effective treatment programs are those that last at least 3 months, however, the longer you continue treating your illness, the better. When choosing an opioid rehab program in Massachusetts, be sure to pick one that offers aftercare planning or a full continuum of care. Aftercare planning will help you prevent relapse and know what to expect upon leaving treatment. Your aftercare may consist of sober living, individual counseling, outpatient therapy sessions, 12-Step groups, or an alumni program. Many addiction treatment centers in the Boston area offer these ongoing care options as part of their complete treatment regimen.
Get The Care You Need and Deserve
Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment is a leader in the addiction treatment field, with proven success in facilitating long-term recovery. Our team of top clinical & medical experts specializes in treating addiction coupled with mental illness, ensuring that each person receives individualized care. Call us – we’re available 24/day, 7 days/week.
Learn More About Our Opioid Rehab Program in Woburn, Massachusetts TodayHere at Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment, we believe that everyone who struggles with opioid use disorder deserves to have access to the addiction treatment they need. Our comprehensive and highly individualized program of opioid rehab in Woburn, MA is unlike any other in the area. Not only does our opioid rehab program have a completion rate 150 percent higher than the national average, but our team of experienced clinical professionals have developed an integrated program that focuses on individual wellness. If you or someone you care about is struggling with opioid addiction, our rehab program in Massachusetts can help. Call now to get started.
blue cross blue shield
tufts health plan
- Specializes in outpatient services with a focus on substance abuse
- Expertise in reality-based therapy, CBT/DBT, and motivational interviewing
- Holds a Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling
Check Your Insurance Coverage
"*" indicates required fields
Begin The Journey To Lasting Recovery
We believe everyone struggling with substance use disorder deserves the treatment they need. Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
"*" indicates required fields