How Can a Day Treatment Program in Massachusetts Help Me Stop Drinking?
Making the decision to seek help for alcoholism can be life-changing. By acknowledging that you have a problem and asking for help, you are giving yourself the opportunity to heal and live a better life. Now, you need to make some important decisions regarding your care.
One of the first choices you’ll have to make is what type of treatment program you will participate in. However, you might think inpatient rehab is too demanding, but outpatient rehab is too lenient. If you’re looking for a middle-of-the-road option between the inpatient and outpatient levels of care, a day treatment program in Massachusetts may be right for you.
What is Day Treatment?
Day treatment is sometimes referred to as partial hospitalization or PHP. This level of care is not as flexible as outpatient rehab, but not as intensive as inpatient programs. At Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment, our day treatment program in Massachusetts requires you to meet with the clinical team for at least 25 hours per week. Like other PHPs, these sessions typically run from 9:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
This level of care is appropriate for people with mild to moderate addictions who do not require medical detox and those with severe addictions who have already completed detox. Day programs can also provide outpatient detox services using medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for qualified patients. If you have already detoxed or don’t require medical detox services, a day treatment program can help you stop drinking by providing you with the same exposure to the services offered at a residential program without requiring overnight stays or a 24/7 time commitment.
Benefits of Day Treatment for Alcoholism
Day treatment programs in Massachusetts are a popular choice for alcohol rehab because they offer the benefits of both inpatient and outpatient rehab programs.
- Affordable cost – Inpatient rehab programs, although covered by insurance, can be expensive. You have to pay for costs associated with housing, 24/7 supervision and staffing, meals, and more. Day programs do not require you to live at the treatment facility, so you only pay for the services you take advantage of, such as your therapy sessions. Insurance also covers the PHP level of care.
- Individualized treatment services – One key aspect of effective treatment is individualized services that are tailored to meet your specific needs. Day treatment is intensive enough to provide you with individualized care that targets your needs and treatment goals. Additionally, the program length is based on your needs, so you can stay in PHP as long as you need to successfully stop drinking.
- Flexible housing and scheduling – Do you need to pick up your kids from school at 3:30 PM? Or, do you take evening classes at the local college? If so, day treatment is a perfect solution to help you stop drinking while allowing you to continue taking care of your responsibilities. You are able to live at your home, in sober living, or in supervised housing depending on your situation. The hours you spend in treatment are also flexible enough to allow you to take care of additional obligations while receiving the help you need.
Services Provided by Day Treatment Programs in Massachusetts
Day treatment for alcoholism involves a variety of different services. Depending on your unique needs, you may not need every service on this list. Here are the various services offered by day programs that work together to help you stop drinking.
- One-on-one counseling sessions – Private, individual therapy sessions allow you to discuss your alcoholism, treatment goals, progress in treatment, and other issues that you may not feel comfortable sharing in a group setting.
- Group therapy sessions – Solution-focused therapies enable you to work with your peers to solve problems, gain insight, and learn healthy coping skills.
- Behavioral therapy – Also known as talk therapy, behavioral therapy is at the foundation of addiction treatment. Therapy sessions help you identify maladaptive coping skills and thought patterns so you can make positive changes for your recovery.
- Holistic therapy – Activities like yoga, meditation, and mindfulness can help you overcome alcohol cravings, stop drinking, and make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Relapse prevention therapy – Learn to identify triggers, cope with alcohol cravings, and prevent future drinking or binges.
- Mental health counseling – Day treatment can address underlying mental health conditions like depression or anxiety that may exacerbate your drinking.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) – The FDA has approved several medications that can be used, in combination with counseling, to treat alcohol use disorder. The most popular alcohol treatment medication today is Vivitrol.
- Medication management – Regular appointments with your prescribing physician to adjust your medication, check for medication adherence, and discuss any health concerns you may have.
- 12-Step Facilitation – Therapy sessions that introduce patients to the idea of the 12-Steps and promote 12-Step participation in recovery.
- Aftercare and discharge planning – Working closely with a substance abuse counselor to create a plan for your aftercare can help prevent you from drinking again.
If you think day treatment in the Boston area is right for you, speak with one of our dedicated admissions counselors today.
Stop Drinking Today With Day Treatment in Massachusetts
The road towards alcoholism recovery is a long one, but recovery is entirely possible with the help of a licensed and accredited alcohol rehab center. Here at Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment, our day treatment program in Massachusetts allows for individuals to focus on sustaining lifelong recovery while maintaining enough structure to maximize the recovery environment and minimize exposure to high-risk encounters. Call now to find out if our alcohol treatment program is right for you.