Addiction is a severe and complex condition that can develop at any point in a person’s life. Many people begin experimenting with drugs or alcohol as teens or young adults. For some, recreational use or self-medication may become dependence or addiction, requiring professional treatment. Addiction treatment should address the condition’s physical, emotional, and behavioral aspects. For young adults with addiction, specialized treatment can give them the extra support and care they need to put substance abuse behind them and live a healthy, sober lifestyle.
Young adult drug rehab centers tailor treatment plans to meet the unique needs of young people with substance abuse and addiction. If you or a young adult in your life requires treatment, reach out to the Woburn Addiction Treatment specialists today.
What is a Young Adult Drug Rehab?
A young adult drug rehab center provides specialized treatment programs for young adults with substance abuse and addiction. Young adult drug rehab programs are designed to meet the needs of older teens and young adults. These treatment programs help address the root causes of young people’s addictions and help them transition into young adulthood without using drugs and alcohol.
How Do Young Adults Develop Addiction?
The transition to adulthood is full of opportunities and challenges. Some young people may begin to use drugs during this stage for various reasons, including:
- Experimentation with peers: Young people may face social pressure to use drugs at parties or other events.
- To manage stress: Young adulthood is stressful. People may feel overwhelmed with finding a job, managing new relationships, transitioning to college, paying bills, and other responsibilities. Some may turn to drugs or alcohol to cope with stress.
- To increase performance: Young adults may use drugs to enhance their athletic performance, to maintain energy at work, or to study. Many performance-enhancing drugs pose the risk of dependence or addiction.
- To feel euphoria: Some drugs cause users to experience euphoria, which can lead them to take them in larger or more frequent doses. Prolonged or heavy drug use can lead to tolerance–needing more to get the same effect–and can develop into an addiction.
Many drugs young adults use carry the risk of abuse and addiction. Some of the most common drugs young adults use are:
- Prescription medications
- Hallucinogenic drugs
These and other drugs can cause severe and long-term harm to your mental and physical health. It’s essential to be aware of the risk of addiction and take steps to get the treatment you need to stop using these drugs.
Who Needs a Young Adult Drug Rehab?
In recent years, the number of young adults living with substance abuse and addiction has increased rapidly. Nearly 1 in 7 young adults have a substance use disorder. Teens and young adults are using drugs more often, and the need for young adult drug rehab has risen rapidly. But who needs young adult drug rehab? Addiction treatment for young adults meets the needs of people in their late teens into early adulthood who live with addiction.
It can be challenging to determine the difference between substance abuse and addiction. Some of the signs of addiction include:
- Wanting to stop using drugs but feeling like you can’t
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you stop using or cut back
- Facing legal, social, or financial trouble related to substance use
- Neglecting your responsibilities at school, home, or work
- Isolating from friends or giving up hobbies and interests
- Being secretive about your substance use
- Needing to use more of a substance to get the same effects
- Continuing to use drugs despite experiencing negative or severe consequences
Young adults who use drugs and have any signs of addiction should seek immediate treatment to avoid worsening consequences of substance abuse.
Get The Care You Need and Deserve
Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment is a leader in the addiction treatment field, with proven success in facilitating long-term recovery. Our team of top clinical & medical experts specializes in treating addiction coupled with mental illness, ensuring that each person receives individualized care. Call us – we’re available 24/day, 7 days/week.
Choosing a Young Adult Rehab Near You
Before beginning an addiction treatment program, a doctor or addiction specialist will evaluate your needs and recommend the right level of care. Many young adult drug rehab programs last for 30, 60, or 90 days, but the length of time you spend in treatment will depend on the length and severity of your addiction. Many people start treatment by going through a medically-supported detox program. During detox, medical practitioners and other staff will treat your withdrawal symptoms with medications, holistic therapies, and emotional support. After completing detox, you can move on to a treatment program that includes evidence-based and holistic therapies. Medications, group therapy, individual counseling, and education can give you the skills and support you need to overcome addiction and learn how to live a fulfilling sober lifestyle.
After completing treatment, you may spend time in a sober living home or join a support group tailored to meet the needs of young adults recovering from addiction. It’s essential to find a young adult rehab near you that can provide specialized care for people in this stage of life. Some of the benefits of choosing a young adult rehab near you include the following:
- Finding treatment close to home
- Having access to community resources and support during treatment
- Specialized counseling
- Peer support
- Focus on transitioning into adulthood successfully
- Improved communication and social skills
Look for a drug rehab center with a program created just for young adults. Having the support of your peers and experienced staff can help you put addiction behind you and prepare for the rest of your life.
Find a Young Adult Rehab Near You Today
If you or a young adult in your life needs treatment to overcome substance abuse or addiction, reach out to the Woburn Addiction Treatment specialists today to get started.
blue cross blue shield
tufts health plan
- Specializes in outpatient services with a focus on substance abuse
- Expertise in reality-based therapy, CBT/DBT, and motivational interviewing
- Holds a Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling
Check Your Insurance Coverage
"*" indicates required fields
Begin The Journey To Lasting Recovery
We believe everyone struggling with substance use disorder deserves the treatment they need. Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
"*" indicates required fields