One of the top barriers that stand in the way of people seeking addiction treatment is the inability to afford rehab. While addiction treatment can be an investment, getting help is more cost-effective than continuing your addiction in the long run. And, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act and the Affordable Care Act have increased the number of people who have insurance that covers addiction treatment.
If you have Harvard Pilgrim health insurance, you’ll be pleased to know that your insurance covers at least some of the costs of addiction treatment. Finding out exactly what your policy covers can be confusing, though. The first step you must take is to find a drug and alcohol rehab center in Massachusetts that accepts Harvard Pilgrim health insurance.
Will Harvard Pilgrim Insurance Pay for Drug Rehab in Massachusetts?
Harvard Pilgrim Insurance is a Massachusetts-based company that has been providing medical coverage to families, individuals, and workplaces for almost 50 years. Today, the insurer has more than 3 million customers in the New England area. They offer a variety of HMO and PPO plans for their paying members.
Regardless of which plan you have, your Harvard Pilgrim health insurance will provide some or even all coverage for mental health and substance abuse treatment. In fact, thanks to the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act, all public and private health insurance providers are required to cover behavioral and mental health treatment services in the same way they cover other health services.
How Does My Harvard Pilgrim Health Insurance Work?
As with all insurance plans, your exact coverage varies depending on what plan you have. However, all Harvard Pilgrim plans require pre-authorization. Pre-authorization is a process during which the insurer determines whether or not treatment (and what level of treatment) is medically necessary. After you have been cleared for treatment coverage via pre-authorization, you can begin to figure out exactly what services your plan will cover.
The amount your Harvard Pilgrim health plan will cover depends on:
- Your deductible – A deductible is the amount of money you must pay out-of-pocket before your health insurance starts paying for care. You may still be required to pay a fixed percentage of the cost of rehab even if you have met your deductible.
- Your coinsurance – This is the percentage of costs you are required to pay for out-of-pocket. This usually depends on the specific health plan that you have and what your monthly premium is.
The costs they will cover also depend on whether or not the care you are receiving is at an in-network facility. In-network providers are those who have agreed to provide services to members of a health plan at a discounted rate. You will pay more if you accept health services at an out-of-network provider.
As a result, the best way to make sure your health insurance covers the majority of your care is to choose a drug and alcohol rehab center that is in-network with Harvard Pilgrim health insurance.
Finding a Massachusetts Treatment Center that Accepts Harvard Pilgrim Insurance
Finding the right addiction treatment center is important for your well-being and your sobriety. It will take a lot of stress off of your shoulders to know that your treatment is paid for by your insurance. When it comes time to find the right drug and alcohol rehab in Massachusetts, you want to be sure to choose one that is in-network with your Harvard Pilgrim health insurance.
There are two ways you can do this:
- Call the number on the back of your insurance card to speak with an insurance agent. Your agent can provide you with a comprehensive understanding of your coverage, information about your deductible, and a list of drug and alcohol rehab centers in Massachusetts that accept Harvard Pilgrim insurance.
- Speak with a trusted addiction specialist who can verify your insurance and explain your coverage. An addiction specialist can not only verify your insurance but can also make recommendations pertaining to your care and your treatment needs. They can also work directly with your insurer, further removing the stress of having to deal with insurance altogether.
Get The Care You Need and Deserve
Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment is a leader in the addiction treatment field, with proven success in facilitating long-term recovery. Our team of top clinical & medical experts specializes in treating addiction coupled with mental illness, ensuring that each person receives individualized care. Call us – we’re available 24/day, 7 days/week.
Verify Your Insurance With a Trusted Addiction Specialist Today
Here at Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment, we want to make sure you are able to obtain effective and affordable treatment. You deserve life-changing recovery services without going into debt. We work with many major health insurance providers to help make treatment more accessible to all those who need it.
Our drug and alcohol rehab program in Massachusetts proudly accepts Harvard Pilgrim health insurance. If you or a loved one are insured by Harvard Pilgrim and are looking for addiction treatment, please give us a call today. One of our dedicated admissions coordinators can assess your needs, verify your insurance, and help you get started on the care you deserve.
- Specializes in outpatient services with a focus on substance abuse
- Expertise in reality-based therapy, CBT/DBT, and motivational interviewing
- Holds a Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling
Check Your Insurance Coverage
"*" indicates required fields
Begin The Journey To Lasting Recovery
We believe everyone struggling with substance use disorder deserves the treatment they need. Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
"*" indicates required fields