Choosing to go to rehab and get help for your addiction is a major life-changing decision, and it’s important to pick the right treatment program for you. There are two general types of addiction treatment programs: those that are inpatient or residential, requiring you to live at the treatment facility during your stay, and those that provide treatment on an outpatient or ambulatory basis.
If you’re struggling with drug or alcohol addiction in Massachusetts, you may be wondering if outpatient rehab is the best choice for you. While inpatient rehab programs can be effective for some people, outpatient rehab has several benefits that can accommodate those who qualify for this flexible level of care. To learn more about our Boston-area outpatient rehab programs or to find out if you qualify, please contact our admissions team at Woburn Wellness today.
What is Outpatient Drug and Alcohol Rehab?
Outpatient rehab is a type of substance abuse treatment that allows you to receive care without having to stay overnight in a supervised facility. Instead, you attend regular group and individual therapy sessions as well as other holistic treatments at a clinic or rehab center, then return home each day. This type of program can vary in length and intensity, depending on your individual needs and treatment goals.
What are the Benefits of Outpatient Rehab?
One of the biggest benefits of outpatient rehab is that it allows you to continue with your daily life while receiving treatment. If you have work, school, or family obligations that you simply can’t put on hold, outpatient rehab can provide the support you need without disrupting your daily routine. This flexible scheduling can make it much easier to maintain your responsibilities and obligations while still getting the care you need to overcome drug or alcohol addiction.
Outpatient rehab can also be far more affordable than inpatient rehab because you don’t have to pay for housing, meals, or around-the-clock care. Additionally, outpatient rehab programs may be covered by insurance, making it a more accessible option for those with health insurance coverage.
Get The Care You Need and Deserve
Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment is a leader in the addiction treatment field, with proven success in facilitating long-term recovery. Our team of top clinical & medical experts specializes in treating addiction coupled with mental illness, ensuring that each person receives individualized care. Call us – we’re available 24/day, 7 days/week.
Who is the Best Candidate for Outpatient Rehab in Massachusetts?
Outpatient rehab is designed for people who have mild to moderate addictions and are committed to their recovery. If you have a supportive home environment and are able to maintain your sobriety without 24-hour supervision, outpatient rehab can provide the tools and resources you need to maintain your recovery.
While outpatient rehab is right for some, it is not appropriate for everyone. If you have severe addiction, co-occurring mental health disorders, or a history of relapse, inpatient rehab may be a better option. Outpatient rehab also may not be the best choice if you don’t have a stable home environment or access to a sober support system.
A few key qualities that can make a person a good candidate for outpatient rehab in Massachusetts include:
- Mild to moderate addiction – Outpatient rehab is generally best suited for individuals with mild to moderate addiction who do not require 24-hour supervision or medical detoxification. If you have a mild addiction, you may be able to continue working or attending school while receiving treatment on an outpatient basis, but if you have a severe addiction, you may be better suited to an inpatient program. A substance abuse assessment with a Woburn Wellness team member can help you better understand the severity of your addiction.
- Strong support system – If you have a strong support system, such as family or friends who are supportive of your recovery and a sober support group, outpatient rehab may be a great option for you. With the support of your loved ones and sober friends, you can continue to receive care and treatment while maintaining your social connections and daily responsibilities.
- Financial constraints – Inpatient rehab can be very expensive, and insurance doesn’t always cover the full cost of residential treatment. If you are seeking treatment on a budget or don’t have insurance, inpatient rehab may be unaffordable, and outpatient rehab may be a more reasonable treatment option for your situation.
- A need for freedom and flexibility – Outpatient rehab programs are more flexible than inpatient programs because fewer hours are spent in treatment and you can live at home. This allows you to receive treatment while still maintaining your daily routine which can be beneficial if you have work, school, or family obligations that cannot be put on hold.
- Strong motivation and commitment to your recovery – Because you have so much freedom with your schedule, outpatient rehab requires a high level of motivation and commitment to recovery. If you are highly motivated and committed to your recovery, outpatient rehab can provide you with the tools and support you need to achieve lasting sobriety. But if you aren’t fully committed, outpatient rehab may not be as intensive enough to provide you with the care you need.
Understanding Why Outpatient Rehab in Massachusetts May Be the Right Choice for You
If you’re considering outpatient rehab in Massachusetts, there are many reasons to choose this level of care, including:
- Flexible scheduling – Outpatient rehab allows you to attend therapy sessions and other treatments around your schedule, making it easier to maintain your work, family, or school responsibilities and obligations while still receiving the care you need.
- Affordable treatment – Outpatient rehab is always more affordable than inpatient rehab, so it is a more accessible and practical option for many people.
- Supportive setting – Outpatient rehab centers in Massachusetts provide a safe, supportive environment where you can connect with others who are also on the path to recovery. This can be an important source of motivation and encouragement.
- Individually-tailored care – Outpatient drug and alcohol rehab programs can be tailored to your individual needs and goals, ensuring that you receive the care and support that’s right for you.
- Ongoing support – Outpatient rehab programs often provide ongoing support after you’ve completed a higher level of care like detox or a residential treatment program. This can help you stay on track and avoid relapse while easing the transition back into the real world.
Find Out if Outpatient Rehab in Massachusetts is Right for You
If you’re struggling with addiction in Massachusetts, outpatient rehab may be right for you. With its flexibility, affordability, and personalized treatment options, outpatient rehab can provide the support and resources you need to overcome addiction and live a healthier, happier life. However, it’s important to speak with a healthcare professional to determine whether outpatient rehab is the right choice for you based on your individual needs and circumstances.
With the right support, resources, and commitment, you can overcome addiction and achieve lasting recovery. To learn more about our outpatient rehab programs in Massachusetts or to start the admissions process, please call now and speak with one of our trusted admissions counselors.
blue cross blue shield
tufts health plan
- Specializes in outpatient services with a focus on substance abuse
- Expertise in reality-based therapy, CBT/DBT, and motivational interviewing
- Holds a Master’s Degree in Professional Counseling
Check Your Insurance Coverage
"*" indicates required fields
Begin The Journey To Lasting Recovery
We believe everyone struggling with substance use disorder deserves the treatment they need. Our team is here to help you every step of the way.
"*" indicates required fields