How to Choose the Right Opioid Rehab Center Near You
If you or someone you love struggles with opioid addiction, the best thing you can do is seek professional help. An opioid rehab center near you can help you identify the root causes of your addiction, adopt healthy coping skills, and develop a support system that can help you achieve long-term recovery.
Where you go to rehab is important and can influence the overall outcome of your recovery. At Woburn Wellness, our dedicated admissions counselors are available 24 hours a day to take your call, assess your needs, and help you choose the right opioid addiction treatment program for you.
Understanding Opioid Addiction
In 2020, an estimated 2.7 million people aged 12 or older in the United States had an opioid use disorder (OUD). Regardless of if the addiction is to illicit opioids like heroin or fentanyl or if it is to prescription opioids, opioid addiction can be devastating.
The earlier you recognize an opioid addiction and seek treatment, the easier it is to get sober and avoid long-term consequences. Signs of opioid addiction include:
- Inability to control or moderate opioid use
- Multiple failed attempts at staying sober
- Having symptoms of withdrawal when you aren’t using opioids
- Drug cravings or intense desires to use opioids
- Loss of interest in things you once enjoyed
- Developing a tolerance that requires you to take higher doses of opioids to achieve the desired effect
- Spending excess time and money on using or buying opioids
Choosing the Right Opioid Rehab Center for You
Opioid addiction can be difficult to overcome, but your chances of staying sober are much greater if you receive treatment from the right rehab center. But how do you know what kind of treatment you need or what rehab center is right for you?
Consider the following:
- How severe is your addiction? You may be wondering whether inpatient or outpatient opioid rehab is right for you. The more severe your addiction, the higher level of care you require.
- Do you need medical detox? Many people who are addicted to opioids experience moderate to severe withdrawal symptoms that require medical detox services. Some outpatient programs will not offer detox, so you may have to make alternative arrangements for detox.
- Are you seeking medication-assisted treatment (MAT)? MAT is an integrated treatment approach that combines medications and behavioral therapy to treat addiction. Some facilities offer MAT for opioid addiction, others do not.
- Do you want to travel for rehab or stay closer to home? Some people choose to travel for rehab to get away from triggering people, places, or things. Others find it necessary to go to a local rehab program so they are close to family and friends.
- Do you have a co-occurring mental health condition that contributes to your addiction? Opioid use disorder is often a result of underlying trauma or mental illness. Treating the root cause of your addiction is essential for your recovery. If you have a co-occurring mental health condition, you can benefit from a dual diagnosis opioid treatment program.
It’s most important to make the right decisions according to your needs. Examine your treatment needs and goals carefully before choosing a treatment facility.
Determining your needs can be near impossible if you are struggling with addiction and are not sure why. Speaking with an addiction specialist can help you gain some clarity. When you call Woburn Wellness, a team member will begin the initial assessment process to help determine what type of program is best for you.
What to Look for in an Opioid Rehab Center
There are several qualities you can look for in a facility for treating opioid addiction. These include:
One of the first hurdles you will face when recovering from opioid addiction is detoxification. Detoxing from opioids is usually not life-threatening, but it is extremely uncomfortable and mentally distressing. Most people who try to detox themselves end up relapsing due to the extreme symptoms of withdrawal.
A reputable opioid treatment program will offer medical detox services or will work closely with local opioid detox facilities that can provide you with medical support in the early days of your recovery. Medical detox centers can prescribe medications like buprenorphine, lofexidine (Lucemyra), or methadone to alleviate your withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid addiction can affect anyone, and everyone who struggles with it has different life experiences, co-occurring health conditions, and goals. Everyone has their own unique needs for treatment, so it’s important that treatment is customized to meet your unique needs.
Avoid choosing an opioid rehab center that promises a one-size-fits-all approach. Instead, look for highly individualized care.
At Woburn Wellness, we have a carefully selected group of licensed therapists, clinicians, and support staff members with decades of combined experience who worked together to develop a program of recovery that is unique in its effectiveness – one that is custom-tailored to the unique needs and clinical requirements of each individual client.
Licensing & Accreditation
Opioid addiction can be deadly, and more than 136 people die every day from an overdose involving opioid drugs. Getting treatment can be life-saving, so you want to choose the best opioid rehab center possible.
One way to ensure the quality of care is to look for a rehab center that is state-licensed and third-party accredited. Accreditation from either the Joint Commission (JCAHO) or the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) are the two most renowned addiction treatment accrediting bodies.
Aftercare is an essential part of the recovery process. Without comprehensive aftercare and active engagement in a recovery community, opioid relapse may be imminent. The best opioid addiction treatment centers offer various forms of aftercare support such as employment assistance, alumni programs, and sober living homes.
Woburn Wellness helps individuals achieve long-term sobriety from opioids with individually-tailored aftercare support. Not only will our treatment team help individuals navigate their legal obligations but they will also address each individual’s education, employment, living situation, relationships, and any other aspect of their life that may impact their recovery.
Find an Opioid Rehab Center in Massachusetts Today
If you or someone you love has been suffering at the hands of an opioid abuse disorder of any severity, Woburn Wellness Addiction Treatment is available to help.
Our comprehensive and highly individualized program of opioid rehab in Woburn, MA is unlike any other in the area. Not only does our opioid rehab program have a completion rate 150 percent higher than the national average, but our team of experienced clinical professionals has developed an integrated program that focuses on 12-step immersion, intensive therapeutic intervention, a holistic approach to wellness, and thorough aftercare planning.
The first step is to pick up the phone and ask for help. Call now to speak with a qualified admissions counselor at Woburn Wellness.